11 | I Live


Hi it's me. 

Well, I got home last night after some flight delays and a long bus/tram ride. I cannot wait to share with all of you what Macy and I experienced on our cruise! Because it was such a long trip and I took excessive photos, I'm going to break the trip into a few posts for easy reading. Below I've laid out the general timeline of the trip so as to alleviate any future confusion, because honestly I didn't know where we were supposed to be half of the time.

Wednesday, March 28 - flight from Warsaw to Tallinn (I arrived around 1am)
Thursday, March 29 - day in Tallinn, Estonia
Friday, March 30 - ferry to Helsinki and afternoon boarding of the cruise ship to St. Petersburg
Saturday, March 31 - morning arrival in St. Petersburg
Sunday, April 1 - St. Petersburg
Monday, April 2 - day in St. Petersburg and afternoon boarding of the cruise ship to Tallinn
Tuesday, April 3 - arrival in Tallinn and evening flight to Warsaw

So, ya. That's what the trip generally looked like. And if it seems exhausting, that is because it was. My shoulders, neck, and back still hurt from the constant walking, standing in lines, and carrying my luggage through multiple cities, but I could not be more thankful for the opportunity to visit Russia (and Estonia and Finland).

Some other life updates: 
Spring has arrived in Warsaw! It is currently warmer here than it is in Atlanta - so take THAT. Basically I'm quite excited to finally get to utilize my balcony. Also I didn't have to wear a jacket today so that was really nice.
This morning I got to visit Frontex, an EU institution located here in Warsaw, with my Immigration Policy class. Frontex works to protect the external EU border and includes the coast guard. The representative who spoke with us focused mostly on the height of the refugee crisis in 2015-16 and how Frontex worked to rescue people in those small rubber boats as they make the treacherous voyage across the Mediterranean. Being me, I asked the most questions. So don't worry, Poland has not changed how annoying I can be in any lecture situation. I don't know if many of you know this, but I write for Georgia Tech's Ivan Allen College's tumblr (I have since last summer), and I will probably be writing about the visit there if you somehow aren't tired of me yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

24 | Zakopane

22 | A Failed Trip

21 | 25 more days!!