25 | Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jog

I have seen quite a few of you since my return, but for those that I have not had the time to see - hello, I'm home! I arrived back at the world's busiest airport Wednesday night and had the exciting opportunity to stand in a very long customs line. My journey home had two legs, Warsaw -> Amsterdam and Amsterdam -> Atlanta, and I flew KLM on both. If anyone has the opportunity to fly KLM, I would highly suggest. On the transatlantic flight, they fed us FOUR TIMES! One lil snack of smoked almonds, a dinner, an ice cream cone, and a choice of flatbread or cinnamon roll. It truly was a lovely dining experience among the clouds.

Or so I thought! I guess I caught some bug while hanging out with my closest 300-400 friends. Thursday night I started having a little bit of a sore throat, but I figured I was just dehydrated, because I try to not drink too much water on planes. Well, by Friday it had become a full blown cold with a mild fever. Since you know I am writing this, you probably know how this story ends. I lived. At the moment I still have a runny nose, but I think I will make it through this difficult time.

You all got to read my complaints about the lack of true American food in Poland aka junk food, so here is your update. I have been gorging myself since I got home. I had two of my GT friends come up to ye ol' East Cobb for an evening of carb heavy foods and empty calories. I have checked off the largest cravings: mac and cheese and Moe's. I still have yet to eat brownie's, but I think all of the other things I've eaten have satiated that craving. Also, for anyone wondering how my quest for an apple pie ended: Mr. Lind graciously made me one (thank you again!).

I also rebooted my patronage to Old Navy the first day I was here. Mostly because I only brought a few (five to be exact) short sleeve shirts with me, and, due to how often I wore and washed them, many had acquired a few holes, but, also, they're having a huge sale for those that aren't on their email list.

What are my plans for the rest of the summer? Eating at Moe's a little too often (going there for lunch today), a road trip with my mom through Alabama and Mississippi, and petting as many dogs as possible.

So, this is me signing off. Bye, y'all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

24 | Zakopane

22 | A Failed Trip

21 | 25 more days!!