2 | Airport Excitement
Well, I made it through security, bought some snacks and a magazine, and have settled down in an empty gate to await boarding. That's the most important part of this post, but read on for an exciting tale.
I awoke around 7:30 this morning and lazed there for a bit as I realized this was the last time until July that I would get to be with all of my blankies (I sleep with four blankets, because why not?). I took a shower, ate leftover pizza for breakfast (another why not), and made a cup of tea. I then went back upstairs to finally finish packing. After shoving everything in my giant, eggplant suitcase, I weighed it. 55 lbs. Why? Why am I that close but still so far? I know the best way to decrease the weight is to take out my shoes. So, I fish two pairs of shoes out of the very bottom of my bag, which, as I'm sure you can guess, wreaked havoc on my carefully rolled up clothes. I then had to go back and refold a bunch of stuff in order to close it and reweigh it. That moment finally came, and the back was 53 lbs. The shoes were lighter than expected. Great. I confer with my dad, and we decide to just put the shoes back in. SO I got to pack that suitcase THREE TIMES. What a thrill.
10:45 eventually rolled around, and I did my last sweep. This was, of course, after I had already panicked about losing a couple of items that were already packed. I end up not finding anything that desperately needs to make the trip with me. I saw goodbye to my sweet pups. Lola, the eldest, was not concerned at all, but the other two were very receptive to my love.
Dad and I put my three bags in the trunk and go through the last check. I had to be able to put my hand on my passport, luggage lock key, medication, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. I passed! However, I did not pass my mom's test. I had forgotten to notify Suntrust that I was leaving the country. Silly me. So, I got to make a phone call while we drove to Moe's. Yes, I requested Moe's as my last meal in the United States of America. And no, dinner was not my last meal, so it would not do. Now, Moe's doesn't open until 11am, and that is when we were planning on leaving for the airport, so we had to adjust our times in order to get to Moe's and get to Hartsfield with enough time to spare. I make the call for my debit card and was successful; however, when I called for my credit card (post trip to Moe's), it would not allow me to do it. Fun fact: you don't even have to call! You can do it on the Suntrust app!
The rest of the ride to the airport was thankfully uneventful.
We got to the Delta baggage check, and SURPRISE my bag only weighed 51 lbs, and the incredibly nice clerk did not charge us extra. So at this point I am #hype, because it is Moe's time. I finish my meal in like 10 minutes and then start working on the chips that my dad has already begun eating. All in all a very tasty and filling last meal.
I made it through security quite quickly and found my gate easily. I bought some dried mango, M&Ms, and a copy of The Economist to make the flight a tad more enjoyable. Boarding begins in about 20 minutes, so I will probably head back over to my gate soon. Goodbye, friends!
I awoke around 7:30 this morning and lazed there for a bit as I realized this was the last time until July that I would get to be with all of my blankies (I sleep with four blankets, because why not?). I took a shower, ate leftover pizza for breakfast (another why not), and made a cup of tea. I then went back upstairs to finally finish packing. After shoving everything in my giant, eggplant suitcase, I weighed it. 55 lbs. Why? Why am I that close but still so far? I know the best way to decrease the weight is to take out my shoes. So, I fish two pairs of shoes out of the very bottom of my bag, which, as I'm sure you can guess, wreaked havoc on my carefully rolled up clothes. I then had to go back and refold a bunch of stuff in order to close it and reweigh it. That moment finally came, and the back was 53 lbs. The shoes were lighter than expected. Great. I confer with my dad, and we decide to just put the shoes back in. SO I got to pack that suitcase THREE TIMES. What a thrill.
10:45 eventually rolled around, and I did my last sweep. This was, of course, after I had already panicked about losing a couple of items that were already packed. I end up not finding anything that desperately needs to make the trip with me. I saw goodbye to my sweet pups. Lola, the eldest, was not concerned at all, but the other two were very receptive to my love.
A sweet, sweet Ruby
Dad and I put my three bags in the trunk and go through the last check. I had to be able to put my hand on my passport, luggage lock key, medication, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. I passed! However, I did not pass my mom's test. I had forgotten to notify Suntrust that I was leaving the country. Silly me. So, I got to make a phone call while we drove to Moe's. Yes, I requested Moe's as my last meal in the United States of America. And no, dinner was not my last meal, so it would not do. Now, Moe's doesn't open until 11am, and that is when we were planning on leaving for the airport, so we had to adjust our times in order to get to Moe's and get to Hartsfield with enough time to spare. I make the call for my debit card and was successful; however, when I called for my credit card (post trip to Moe's), it would not allow me to do it. Fun fact: you don't even have to call! You can do it on the Suntrust app!
The rest of the ride to the airport was thankfully uneventful.
We got to the Delta baggage check, and SURPRISE my bag only weighed 51 lbs, and the incredibly nice clerk did not charge us extra. So at this point I am #hype, because it is Moe's time. I finish my meal in like 10 minutes and then start working on the chips that my dad has already begun eating. All in all a very tasty and filling last meal.
The last meal
I made it through security quite quickly and found my gate easily. I bought some dried mango, M&Ms, and a copy of The Economist to make the flight a tad more enjoyable. Boarding begins in about 20 minutes, so I will probably head back over to my gate soon. Goodbye, friends!
Comments
Post a Comment